I especially love Reese's and the fact we can now get it freely over here in the UK!
I have seen many recipes bouncing around recently for "No Bake Peanut Butter Bars" so I decided to give it a go and make some, but I enhanced the recipe somewhat and put my own spin on it by using Reese's peanut butter and peanut butter cups
|My Reese's tray before heading to the fridge to set|
This recipe is super simple and doesn't require many ingredients. I also made up some of the quantities in regards to peanut butter added in so feel free to change the recipe. I know I changed the original recipe I used quite drastically
List of ingredients are:
- 200g digestive biscuits (I ended up using more because my pan was larger than I thought)
- 70g unsalted butter
- Reese's peanut butter
- 200g dark chocolate (or any chocolate you like really)
- Optional// You could even stick some Peanut Hottie into the mix if you like! ;)
So, now you have the ingredients it is time to make these wonderful creations of the peanut butter Gods!
- Either place the digestives into a blender and blend until a crumb is formed, or bash them in a bowl with a rolling pin like I did to make your fine crumb
- Melt the unsalted butter
- Add the melted butter and 120g of Reese's peanut butter to the crumb mixture and mix together until well combined
- Lightly grease a pan/tray. Ideally 8x8 inches big. My glass pan ended up being too big!
- Spread the peanut butter base mixture into the pan and pat down with a spoon to create a smooth and even surface
- Melt the chocolate and 2 tbsp of peanut butter over a bain marie on a low heat. I ended up using the microwave so you can do that too. Just make sure not to burn the ingredients! I microwaved them for 10 second bursts at a time, taking it out after each burst to stir it well
- Once melted and smooth, spread the melted chocolate all over your biscuit base
- I then placed Reese's peanut butter cups on top
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
|The finished, and set, Reese's peanut butter chocolate tray!|
Do you enjoy peanut butter? Will you be making some of these?